Today in the Courts
- Warning: Please be advised about phony e-mail notices to appear in court.
- The National Center for State Courts on July 25 selected Judge Gary Lynch to serve on its Board of Directors for a three-year term.
- The 21st circuit judicial commission announces it is seeking applications to fill the Seigel circuit judge vacancy in St. Louis County.
- Beginning July 28, attorneys in Barton, Cedar, Dade and Vernon counties will be required to use the Missouri eFiling System.
- Beginning July 14, attorneys in Pettis County will be required to use the Missouri eFiling System.
- The Supreme Court of Missouri's civic education committee has launched a new website – "Discover Missouri Courts" – devoted to providing user-friendly information about Missouri courts and judges.
- Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District has elected a new chief judge.
- The Supreme Court of Missouri is seeking well-qualified applicants for its state courts administrator vacancy.
- Twelve high schools statewide have been selected to compete in the 2014 Constitution Project.