Today in the Courts
- Beginning May 2, attorneys in Moniteau, Macon and Shelby counties are required to use the Missouri eFiling System.
- The 21st circuit commission on May 4 nominated St. Louis County assistant prosecutor Susan Petersen and St. Louis area attorneys Richard Stewart and Dana Tucker for the newly created associate circuit judge position in St. Louis County.
- The governor on April 28 appointed Springfield Municipal Judge Becky Borthwick to fill the newly created associate circuit judge position in Greene County and Reynolds County prosecutor Benjamin E. Thompson to fill the associate circuit judge vacancy created in that county by the retirement of Judge Edith Rutter and on April 22 appointed Columbia attorney Jeff Harris to fill the circuit judge vacancy in the 13th circuit (Boone and Callaway counties) created by the retirement of Judge Gary Oxenhandler.
- Applications are due May 18 for the Dolan circuit judge vacancy in St. Louis County; May 16 for the impending associate circuit judge vacancy in St. Louis; May 6 for the impending Forsyth circuit judge vacancy in Jackson County; and April 29 for the Ellis vacancy on the Western District appeals court.
- The results of the February bar examination now are available. The enrollment ceremonies are scheduled for Thursday morning, April 28, at the Supreme Court Building in Jefferson City.
- Local circuit commissions on April 13 nominated St. Louis associate circuit judges Paula Bryant, Theresa Burke and Calea Stovall-Reid for the Margaret Neill circuit judge vacancy in St. Louis and on April 4 nominated St. Louis County associate circuit judges Joseph S. Dueker and Mary B. Schroeder and attorney Thomas J. Plunkert for the Prebil circuit judge vacancy in St. Louis County.
- The governor on March 31 appointed Legal Services of Eastern Missouri program managing attorney Jason D. Dodson to fill the Watkins associate circuit judge vacancy in St. Louis County and on March 18 appointed St. Louis County Circuit Judge Colleen Dolan to fill the Cohen vacancy on the Eastern District appeals court.
- The Missouri judiciary is piloting the Case.net "Track This Case" feature.
- The Supreme Court of Missouri on March 1 received the final report from its municipal division work group.