Today in the Courts
- Notice: The Jasper County Circuit Court located in Joplin will be closed Tuesday August 19 due to construction. The courthouse will reopen Wednesday August 20 for normal business hours.
- Beginning August 7, online payments can be made with Pay By Web – the judiciary's new online payment service – for Boone, Greene, Jefferson and St. Charles counties.
- Warning: Please be advised about phony e-mail notices to appear in court.
- The 31st circuit judicial commission is seeking to fill the associate circuit judge vacancy in Greene County created by the retirement of Judge Mark E. Fitzsimmons.
- The National Center for State Courts on July 25 selected Judge Gary Lynch to serve on its Board of Directors for a three-year term.
- The 21st circuit judicial commission announces it is seeking applications to fill the Seigel circuit judge vacancy in St. Louis County.
- Beginning July 28, attorneys in Barton, Cedar, Dade and Vernon counties will be required to use the Missouri eFiling System.
- Beginning July 14, attorneys in Pettis County will be required to use the Missouri eFiling System.
- The Supreme Court of Missouri's civic education committee has launched a new website – "Discover Missouri Courts" – devoted to providing user-friendly information about Missouri courts and judges.
- Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District has elected a new chief judge.
- Twelve high schools statewide have been selected to compete in the 2014 Constitution Project.