Callaway Clerk Home

Last Updated December 30, 2011

Callaway Circuit Clerk's Office - Frequently Asked Questions

What is the process to get my arrest record expunged?

You must complete a form requesting an arrest record expungement. This form is used to ask the court to order agencies that have arrest records pertaining to a specific incident in which the applicant was involved to destroy those records. All agencies that may have records must be identified by checking the appropriate box(es).

The form to request an arrest record expungement may be found on the Your Missouri Courts website.

Once you have completed the petition for expungement of arrest records you will need to file the form in the CIVIL division of the circuit clerk's office with a filing fee of $33 and an additional fee of $8 if service is required for Department of Revenue. Additional questions may be directed to the civil clerk at (573) 642-0780.

What do I do if I have a Warrant?

If you think there is a possibility you have an outstanding warrant you may turn yourself in to the local sheriff’s department for posting of the bond.  You may have a bond set at cash or surety depending on the Judge's order.  Once you have posted a bond your next appearance in court will be listed on your bond.  If you have further questions you may contact the criminal division at (573) 642-0780.

Where can I find information about my next court date?

Please refer to to locate information regarding upcoming court dates. Once you are in you may search for your case by name or case number and click on the appropriate case to view the status of the case. For future court dates you may wish to click on the link at the bottom of the screen to be notified by phone or e-mail.

Can I file for a divorce without the aid of an attorney?

Yes, please refer to the information under Representing Yourself in the Your Missouri Courts website.