Position is open until filled

Export as PDF

What will I be doing?

The 38th Judicial Circuit is accepting resumes from qualified individuals for the position of Deputy Juvenile Officer I or II. An employee in this position is vested with the statutory authority of a juvenile court officer to take charge of children who come within the jurisdiction of the juvenile or family court. An employee in this position is expected to exercise supervision over juveniles under the court’s jurisdiction and to work with a high degree of independence. General supervision is received from and work may be reviewed by a higher level Juvenile Officer.

This is a county paid position with a salary of $32,000.00 - $36,000.00 with county benefits.

Examples of Work: Responds to on-call or daily referrals made by law enforcement agencies, schools or the Department of Social Services. Prepares petitions, motions, social and court summaries and other reports for all juveniles on caseload; Schedule pre-court staffing between Department of Social Services, juvenile office, interested parties, attorneys, and notifies all persons involved; Recommends and monitors case plans as ordered by the Court; Conducts informal and formal conferences with juvenile and parents to discuss rights of juvenile and possible dispositions; Assists Law Enforcement agencies with investigation and questioning of all alleged juvenile offenders; Assist the Department of Social Services in the investigation of physical or sexual abuse and neglect; Maintains working relationship with local school officials; Makes recommendations to the Juvenile Court based on evidence, client history and statutory requirements; Works with the prosecutors or contracted attorneys to adjudicate contested cases before the Juvenile Court; Represents the Juvenile Court system at schools and community meetings and makes presentations as required; Performs other related work.

Do I qualify?

Graduation from a four year college with a degree in Criminal Justice Administration, Criminology, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work or education may substitute work experience on a year for year basis.

How do I apply?

Interested parties should send resume to Chief Juvenile Officer Perry Barnes, via email perry.barnes@courts.mo.gov or to 202 West Elm, Ozark, MO 65721.