This online compilation of Missouri's Supreme Court Rules and Supreme Court Operating Rules is offered as a convenience to the public only. The rules are not considered official documents of the Supreme Court of Missouri. The official documents are the orders entered periodically by the Supreme Court to enact or modify rules. These official orders are made public as they are entered, and the orders affecting rules are posted on the Judiciary's website at: Orders/Rules.
Please note that Supreme Court personnel cannot interpret the rules, do legal research or determine for you what specific rule might apply in a given situation.
Instructions: The Supreme Court Rules and Supreme Court Operating Rules are categorized into sections. To view the list of rules available within a section, please click on a link in the left menu bar.
- Rules Governing the Missouri Bar and the Judiciary – Rules 1-18
- Rules of Criminal Procedure – Rules 19-36
- Ordinance Violations and Violation Bureaus – Rules 37-38
- Rules of Civil Procedure - General – Rule 41
- Rules of Civil Procedure - Rules Governing Civil Procedure in the Circuit Courts – Rules 42-81
- Rules of Civil Procedure - Rules Relating to All Appellate Courts – Rules 82-84
- Rules of Civil Procedure - Rules Relating to Special Actions – Rules 85-103
- Rules of Practice and Procedure in Juvenile Courts – Rules 110-130
- Rules of the Small Claims Division of the Circuit Court – Rules 140-152
- Miscellaneous Actions – Rule 155
- Assignment of Cases and Proceedings – Rule 160 (REPEALED)
- Supreme Court Operating Rules – Rules 1-2, 4-8, 11-14, 16-19, 20-29
Rules in Other Courts
For special rules in each of the three districts of the Court of Appeals, click the district:
Circuit courts also may issue local rules.
Standards with Comments for Guardians Ad Litem in Missouri
The attached standards are approved for use on and after Sept. 1, 2011.