Each year, the chief justice of Missouri is called upon to deliver certain speeches. These typically include the annual State of the Judiciary, delivered to a special joint session of the state's general assembly, as well as an annual speech at the joint annual meeting of The Missouri Bar, the organization of all lawyers licensed in Missouri, and the Judicial Conference of Missouri, which is the organization of all state judges. These speeches are listed below by the event at which the speech was delivered.
- Dred Scott Conference, Keynote Speaker, St. Louis, March 2007
- Judge Charles Blackmar eulogy, Kansas City, January 2007
- State of the Judiciary, Jefferson City, January 2007
- The Missouri Bar/Judicial Conference annual meeting, St. Louis, September 2006
- The Missouri Bar spring meeting, Jefferson City, May 2006
- State of the Judiciary, Jefferson City, January 2006
- The Missouri Bar/Judicial Conference annual meeting, Kansas City, September 2005