Today in the Courts
- Missouri chief justice calls on lawyers and judges to stand together in ensuring the justice system earns the public's trust and confidence during her address October 8 at the joint annual meeting of The Missouri Bar and the Judicial Conference of Missouri in St. Louis.
- The 21st circuit commission on October 1 nominated St. Louis County Associate Circuit Judge Ellen (Nellie) H. Ribaudo, St. Louis attorney Joseph L. Green and St. Louis County Family Court Commissioner Margaret T. Donnelly for the Bresnahan circuit judge vacancy in St. Louis County.
- The Missouri Court of Appeals has three law clerk openings. Applications are due October 16 for Judge Alok Ahuja of the Western District, October 26 for a rotating position in the Southern District and November 1 for Judge Cindy Martin of the Western District.
- Beginning October 5, attorneys in Adair, Knox and Lewis counties – and attorneys filing pleadings in existing criminal cases in St. Louis County – are required to use the Missouri eFiling System.
- The 31st circuit commission on September 24 nominated Springfield Municipal Judge Becky Borthwick, Administrative Law Judge Margaret Holden and Springfield attorney Chantel Alberhasky for the Brown associate circuit judge vacancy in Greene County.
- Students from around the state kicked off the 2015 Constitution Project competition September 22 with events at the Missouri Capitol.
- The local circuit commissions have released demographic, interviewee and meeting information for the Garvey circuit judge vacancy in St. Louis and two new associate circuit judge vacancies, one in Clay County and the other in Jackson County.