Today in the Courts
- Notice: Beginning
February 24, attorneys in Bollinger and Perry counties are required to use
the Missouri eFiling System.
- The Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District will hear arguments Monday March 10 at Northwest Missouri State University.
- The Missouri Court of Appeals, Southern District will hear arguments Wednesday March 12 at Rolla High School.
- The 16th circuit judicial commission on February 24 announced it is seeking applications to fill the vacancy created by the passing of Judge Margaret Sauer.
- The governor on February 18 appointed St. Louis attorney Nancy Watkins for the Loftin associate circuit judge vacancy in St. Louis County and Peculiar municipal judge Bryan Round for the circuit judge vacancy in Jackson County created by the retirement of Judge Peggy Stevens McGraw.
- The sixth circuit judicial commission February 6 announced that attorneys Tammy Jo Glick of Platte City, Christie Jess of Kansas City and Abe "Quint" Shafer V of Weston are the nominees for the Fincham associate circuit judge vacancy in Platte County.
- Chief Justice Mary R. Russell delivered the annual state of the judiciary address Wednesday morning, January 22.
- The governor on January 21 appointed Kansas City attorney W. Ann Hansbrough to fill the Van Amburg associate circuit judge vacancy in Platte County.
- The Missouri judiciary has released its annual statistical report for fiscal 2013, with 100 tables of detailed caseload statistics.
- The Supreme Court of Missouri on November 8 approved a new fee to help fund legal services to impoverished Missourians to alleviate cuts in federal funding.