Today in the Courts
- The Eastern District appeals court is scheduled to hold a formal swearing-in ceremony May 27 for Judge Lisa Page.
- Applications are due May 30 for schools interested in competing in the 2016 Constitution Project.
- Beginning May 23, attorneys in Grundy, Harrison, Mercer and Putnam counties are required to use the Missouri eFiling System.
- The Supreme Court of Missouri on May 11 announced the impending retirement of its clerk, Bill Thompson, after nearly four decades of service to the Court and the appointment of its director of government relations and deputy counsel, Betsy AuBuchon, as its next clerk.
- The application deadline has been extended to June 8 for the impending Forsyth circuit judge vacancy in Jackson County.
- Local commissions have released demographic, interviewee and meeting information for the impending associate circuit judge vacancy in St. Louis and demographic, interviewee and meeting information for the Ellis vacancy on the Western District appeals court.
- The governor on April 28 appointed Springfield Municipal Judge Becky Borthwick to fill the newly created associate circuit judge position in Greene County and Reynolds County prosecutor Benjamin E. Thompson to fill the associate circuit judge vacancy created in that county by the retirement of Judge Edith Rutter and on April 22 appointed Columbia attorney Jeff Harris to fill the circuit judge vacancy in the 13th circuit (Boone and Callaway counties) created by the retirement of Judge Gary Oxenhandler.
- Local circuit commissions on May 4 nominated St. Louis County assistant prosecutor Susan Petersen and St. Louis area attorneys Richard Stewart and Dana Tucker for the newly created associate circuit judge position in St. Louis County; on April 13 nominated St. Louis associate circuit judges Paula Bryant, Theresa Burke and Calea Stovall-Reid for the Margaret Neill circuit judge vacancy in St. Louis and on April 4 nominated St. Louis County associate circuit judges Joseph S. Dueker and Mary B. Schroeder and attorney Thomas J. Plunkert for the Prebil circuit judge vacancy in St. Louis County.
- The Missouri judiciary is piloting the Case.net "Track This Case" feature.
- The Supreme Court of Missouri on March 1 received the final report from its municipal division work group.